All users of The Ecorse Public Library’s computers and internet connections are expected to use this resource I a responsible and courteous manner. In addition, users must adhere to the rules, procedures and guidelines as established in this policy. Failure to do so may result in the loss of your computer/internet privileges.
- Lawful Use: The Library computers are intended for informational and educational purposes only. Use of the Library computers to view, print, distribute, display, send or receive images, text or graphics of a sexually explicit or sexually suggestive material that is harmful to minors is strictly prohibited in accordance with Section 6 of the Michigan Library Privacy Act (P A 212 of Public Acts of 2000) and the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA). Any use of the library computers that violate Federal, State or Local laws is deemed unlawful and may result in sanctions against the user.
- Intellectual Property: Users must respect intellectual property right laws including copyright, software licensing agreements and all other intellectual property right laws. Responsibility for any consequences of copyright infringement lies with the user. The Library expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility resulting from such use.
- Users May not use personal software or alter any system or network configuration. The attachment of any unauthorized equipment to the library’s computers and networks is strictly prohibited.
- Users shall respect the privacy of others by not misrepresenting oneself as another user; by not attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords or data belonging to others; and by not seeking disallowed access to any computer system via the internet.
- Users shall not transmit any threatening, obscene or harassing messages.
- The User is responsible for payment of all printing charges and the purchase of a guest pass for computer use. Guest Passes are available to patrons who present a valid driver’s license or state issued photo ID, If the Patron does not live in a TLN community or if the patron has lost their library card or does not have it with them. Guest passes are $1.00 per day. Computer use privileges, like library material borrowing privileges, will be blocked if a patron’s outstanding fines reach $5.00.
- Staff may assist patrons in getting started on the internet. However, the Library cannot guarantee that internet trained staff will be available to assist patrons at all times that the Library is open. Because of the many different applications available on the internet, staff may not be able to provide specialized or technical knowledge about a particular application. Though staff may not always be available to provide one on one attention to your needs, inasmuch as possible Library staff will monitor use of Library computers to assure that patrons comply with this policy and guidelines.